Thursday, February 4, 2010

What's this blog about?

This blog is about women's pubic symphysis problems. During pregnancy and/or labour, there might be problems with pubic symphysis, such as Pubic Symphysis Diastasis, Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction, Pubic Symphysis Separation.

The ligament between my Pubic Symphysis was torn. It was what I was told by my physio over 3 years ago after I had my first baby. Months later when I found I was still in pain and disabled, I found this 'Pubic Symphysis Diastasis' on my discharge sheet from the hospital. I started doing my research, found little information. I met a few people over internet who had similar problems, only one had exactly the same experience as I did. I started a yahoo group and invited all these people to join and discuss these conditions. Then I started to feel really depressed so I gave up talking about it.

Now I'm setting up this blog aiming to help others who experience the same or similar problems. I also have another blog in Chinese which I aim to have exactly the same information as this blog. http://blog.sina.com.cn/allawahj

My plan is to post all the information I collected on this blog so anyone can view it.

I'm also thinking of doing more research and posting new information and links in the blog, but it's a daunting task which I might need to find a lot of time to do. So it's just a thought at the moment.

You're welcome to post comments, with your collections of information and experience or discuss anything related to Pubic Symphysis problems.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this blog, it helps with some insite on this maddening disorder, psd. I'm 26 years old and finally had a 7.5lb baby (after 4 years of infertility), gaining 28 lb during pregnancy, and weighing 160lb before delivering. I found I had psd after searching the Internet. I wasn't bc everyone thought I was making it up and thought I just was a weak person. Dr had no idea and refused meds for me over the phone. All in all it was a mortifying experience. I was an X-ray tech and demanded an X-ray be done, later they called me and apologized because "you totally called it, you have diasis of the public bone, " NO S***, lol excuse my language. But my whole family was horrified as well as my husband. I don't think my brother ever wants his wife to have babies, lol, bc when they visited and the nurses made me move all i did was shake and cry uncontrollable from body shock. I decided to go to a chiropractor and I found a pelvic floor professional therapist, while my dr office was always a step behind because I'm able to get help from people like you, thank you. I'm 10 months past delivery I'm walking no excersise. I'm constantly going to chiropractor as my hip rotates outward often. Although my chiropractor is more homeopathic. I still have a 1.5 cm separation and no SI joint on my right side. This I think messes my body up bc I'm walking all day for work and my 10 m old is a fluffy 24lb. Love him to the moon! People have no idea what and how bad this feels. We are thinking of another one and I want to do as much research as I can. I would like to do natural to reshuffle my body and incorporate water birth, bc during delivery he poured hot water down there while pushing and it seemed to disparate nearly all the pain so maybe it helped the muscle relax, I have no idea, but I would like to learn more options. Thank you for the time you have put into this. Psd suck! Lol

Rowena said...

Thanks for your comment. It's nice to know my hard work has helped someone. Good luck with your recovery and your next baby. If you need any help or just want to vent, feel free to post more comments.

Take care,
Rowena