Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What can physios do?

From what I gather, physios can give you some advice, such as what you need to note in your daily life, and how to live with PSD. This is mostly included in my other blog entry: Tips on PSD, compiled 15/03/2007.

Other than that, physios may introduce some gentle exercises, mostly about 'core strength'. But I've found it's best for me to do no exercises at all. Of course pelvic floor exercises are a must to do, and it doesn't normally affect the pubic symphysis. I don't find any other exercises have done any help. As matter of fact they actually can make things worse. I don't even walk much. I find when it's severe I'd better limit activities to minimum. When mild, I can increase my activities just to keep my body and mind alive and fit and functional.

Conclution: physios can only tell us how to live with PSD for the rest of our lives. I don't think they can cure it.

No comments: